People living with HIV have a low CD4 count. Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are common for people who are living with HIV and the people who inject drugs. The HIV infected people are known as Opportunistic infections because they have the risk of being infected by other illness as the there immune system becomes weak There are life-threatening infections that occur in the HIV patients like cryptococcal meningitis, toxoplasmosis, PCP, oesophageal candidiasis, lung, eye, brain infections.
- Common sexually transmitted infections
- Sexually active teens and young adults
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV)